1. We got our class lists last week and I was so excited to start labeling everything. I got these water bottles at Michael's this summer and added their names with my Silhouette for an Open House gift.
2. I also made some gifts for my team. I found these in the $1/$3 spot at Target. I love having a Silhouette so I can personalize stuff like this!
3. Before I got my wisdom teeth pulled, I worked on my hallway bulletin board. I saw so many cute ideas on Pinterest using Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, so they were my inspiration. The hallway was still dark when I took this picture...but you get the idea.
The letters have the students' names written on them. After school starts, they are going to decorate a lowercase letter with tissue paper squares, like this board.
4. The week before last was our last week of summer school, and I loved this idea my teammate did for science. We were talking about coral reefs and we created mini coral reefs by mixing colored baking soda and vinegar. The kids loved mixing the colors and seeing the reaction of the baking soda and vinegar.
After we took these pictures, we added more to show the different colors and layers in the coral.
5. In summer school, we also made these little turtles. I gave each student a plate with yellow and blue paint. They mixed it, sponge painted their shell, and the next day we added the rest of the body. The mixed paint was cool because each shell turned out a little different.
Now, this week, it's time to start back to work! I have tomorrow off and then workdays the rest of the week. The kids come Friday night for Open House and Monday morning for their first day!! I feel super prepared, so hopefully that should translate to a smooth beginning of the year, right? Good luck to all of you who are starting back this week!