Saturday, August 2, 2014

Currently August

Hey everyone.  Today, I'm linking up with Farley for Currently!

Listening/watching: Friday Night Lights.  My sister and best friend have both been telling me to watch this series, and I finally am, and oh man I am hooked.  I wouldn't be surprised if I finished all five seasons before the first day of school, haha!

Loving: This Saturday, with dreary weather that makes me feel okay about staying inside in yoga pants :)

Thinking: About all the projects for school and for home and for TpT I had on my to-do list for this summer.  And summer is almost over!

Wanting: Just a little more summer.  It went by so fast this year.

Needing: Energy/motivation to get all my projects done.

First Day: Technically, my first day is August 18.  But I have a workshop all next week, and the week after that I have to go in and work on my classroom and test newly-registered kindergartners, so basically summer is over...
Our kids' first day is August 25.  For kindergarten, we split the class and just have half each on the first two days.  So the first big day with my whole class will be August 27.

What's going on with you?  Link up with Oh Boy 4th Grade and tell us all about it!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle, I'm loving your blog. I can't wait to check it out a little bit more. I always love getting new ideas from other Kindergarten teachers. I hope that you enjoy your lazy Saturday. They are few and far between - and we all know that teachers deserve some lazy days! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Anna! Good luck with the new school year :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Danielle, I feel that I too have so much to do to get ready for the new school year! I was in my classroom yesterday but feel that I have so much to do lesson planning wise to get ready for the new school year. I wish you the best of the new school year and enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ~Kimberly
    LIFTPackages.blogspot.com

    P.S. I love your site colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Danielle, I feel that I too have so much to do to get ready for the new school year! I was in my classroom yesterday but feel that I have so much to do lesson planning wise to get ready for the new school year. I wish you the best of the new school year and enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ~Kimberly
    LIFTPackages.blogspot.com

    P.S. I love your site colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer went too fast! I love that you have only part of your class to start! Have you been in your classroom to work at all yet? Ours is "closed" over the summer! Happy August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been in mine yet, because they have yet to wax the floors. I'm hoping to get in there soon! Good luck with the new school year!

      Delete
  5. If you find a way to get more energy, let me know! I'm with you there!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just started Friday Night Lights too! Good luck with all of your projects.
    Books, Bugs and Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Friday Night Lights is one of my all-time favorites! Just out of curiosity, what are you testing the Kinders for? Like an entering assessment?

    Not Just Child's Play

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's an entering assessment to have some baseline data and to help us divide students into classes evenly. We just do basics...counting, shapes, colors, letters. And we also give them a Developmental Screening which gives us an idea of their oral language skills.

      Delete
  8. Friday Night Lights! My sister tried to talk me into watching for months. When I finally did, my husband and I watched the entire series in a weekend! Hope you have a fabulous year!

    jennifer
    everythingjustso.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I hope you have a great year, too!

      Delete
  9. Howdy neighbor! I'm in Raleigh! Well, actually Garner. So glad that I found a blogger so close! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting! I love finding other close bloggers too!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...