Monday, September 2, 2013

Currently: September

Happy Labor Day!  Don't you love waking up on a Monday and not having anywhere to go?  It is the best!  Here's my September Currently:

listening - Luke Bryan's new album.  I love him so much!
loving - I'm afraid I'm going to jinx myself because I keep saying this, but I love my class this year!  They are so, so sweet and we're having so much fun already.
thinking - of all the things I didn't do this weekend that I need to do today...like get groceries, do laundry, plan for the week...
wanting - Even though I have the best class, I still lost my voice and got a cold during the first week of school.  I've mostly recovered my voice this weekend, but I'm afraid it will totally disappear again tomorrow.  It's so much easier to teach when I'm not sick, so hopefully this won't last long. 
needing - to do my lesson plans for the week...I have it mostly planned in my head.  Just need to get it on paper.
And my "love yourself goals" - Go to the gym.  (I have not been at all since school started back.)  And make time daily to read the Bible and talk to God. 

Link up with Farley here!

9 comments:

  1. We run ourselves so ragged those first weeks of school. I was sick last weekend. I hope you feel better soon. I am glad you love your class. I love mine too! :0)

    Gwen
    Learning With Mrs. Brinn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy how you lose your voice the first week back?! Where does it go? Why does it take so long to get back into "teacher" mode?

    I love your "Myself" goals. What good goals to make sure everything is in order :)

    Cheers!
    Kelly Anne
    Appleslices4th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to start consistently doing a quiet time. This should be so easy, but it is so hard. Why is it so difficult to give God even just ten dedicated minutes a day? I do pray throughout the day, but I do not consistently read the bible or do a devotional. What time of day are you going to do your devotional? I am not a morning person and by bed time I can't stay awake. I am considering going to school a little early and doing a quiet time at school before the day starts.
    ~April Walker
    The Idea Backpack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try to do it in the mornings, though I'm not typically a morning person either. But I've tried doing it at night and like you said, I can't stay awake. And I think it'd be a good note to start my day on. We will see. Good luck to you!

      Delete
  4. Danielle, I love your Currently this month. All weekend long I have been reading about how sick so many teachers have been. Yikes! I'm going to really try and stay germ free so I don't catch what's going around! I love your goals, they could've been mine. God has really blessed me, I need to make sure that I'm thanking him each and every day for those blessings. Thanks for sharing! Hope you feel better so you can enjoy your sweet class!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. You always leave the sweetest comments :)

      Delete
  5. I love Luke Bryan as well! Country music pumps me up and gets me ready for the day! So happy to find another NC blogger :)

    Whitney
    http://terrifictimesingrade3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list of things!!!! Ugh, hope you get your voice back, no fun being sick right when school starts! I've got to get back in my morning time with God too...how easy it is to get distracted and not make the time necessary to get closer to Him.

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear that you were sick for the first week back. It's hard to teach when you have to talk all day. I hope your students were extra good for you! They are usually so sweet when they know their dear teacher doesn't feel well! I'm glad you are enjoying your class this year! I hope blessings continue to come your way!

    Jeannine
    Creative Lesson Cafe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...