Monday, August 12, 2013

Meet the Teacher Monday


I'm so excited for Teacher Week '13!  I have one more week before I officially start back to work (though I'm working some this week), which makes it the perfect time for this linky!  So...let's talk about me...
1. This will be my 5th year teaching!  I can't believe my first group of kindergartners are starting 4th grade this year!!  Time flies.  I have mostly taught kindergarten and one year of first grade.

2. Here's a picture of me from this summer.  People usually think I'm about five years younger than I actually am (25).  I have had this problem forever and it used to really bother me (like when I was 16 and they thought I was 12), but as I get older, I definitely don't mind as much!



3. I have the cutest niece and nephew and I'm kind of obsessed with them!


4. My other new obsession is the show Scandal.  It is so addictive and I can't wait for the new season this fall!  But I did have to give up on Revenge because I can only handle one show with this many plot twists.

5. I love Mexican food and margaritas.

6. Mo Willems is my favorite children's book author.  When I taught first grade, I even had my kids do Readers' Theater with his Elephant and Piggie books.  They were the funniest, cutest,  most dramatic performances.  Wish I could show you the videos on here!


7. I have two amazing sisters!  They are the BEST.

8. I am a graduate of UNC-Chapel Hill and a big Tar Heels fan!

9. The first year I taught kindergarten I got hired two days before my students started.  Looking back, I have no idea how I got my classroom together in time.  My kindergarten team was a huge help, of course!  But at the time, I was so excited and relieved to have a job I really didn't stress too much about the timing.

10. I love country music.  I grew up in Nashville, TN, listening to Alan Jackson and Garth Brooks, so I was pretty much born into it.  Now some of my favorites are Miranda Lambert, Luke Bryan, Little Big Town, and Eric Church.

I am looking forward to everyone's classroom tours tomorrow! But...unless I get a crazy amount of work done between now and then, there is no way I'll be ready to show off mine.  I might have to show a few pictures, and then post the rest next week when everything is (hopefully) all together.

6 comments:

  1. We are in the same boat...we won't have fancy classroom pics either! I have 2 sisters too; they are the BEST!!!
    Tamra (and Sarah)
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine setting up my classroom just two days before the school year starts! SO impressive!

    XO, Kelly Anne
    Appleslices4th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks. It was definitely a survival-mode thing. Not nearly as pretty as all the classrooms I see online!

      Delete
  3. Mo Willems is my fave too! I think I have all of his books and his upcoming books on order from Amazon.
    Sara
    Polka Dot Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Elephant and Piggie books! I was just introduced to them a few months ago -- can't believe I missed out all that time!!

    Jill
    ABCs and Polkadots

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...