Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Come Tour My Classroom...Library

I am loving seeing everybody's classrooms today on Blog Hoppin'.  I really wish mine was ready to share.  My students start back the 26th so I still have a little time, but a lot to do!  Most of the room is organized at this point, I just need to focus on decorating.  And, this is a little embarrassing, but...I don't know how to use our laminator.  The assistants at my school usually do all the laminating, and they're not too eager to teach us, because they're afraid we will break the machine (I probably would).  So I have to wait till they come back Monday and then beg somebody to do a ton of laminating for me!

In the mean time, I've been working on my classroom library and it is finally organized.  So here is a mini-tour.  (I'll post the rest of the room when it's done!)

This shelf holds all my leveled books.  I may flip the baskets so the easiest books are more reachable.  For now, I'm enjoying the alphabetical order!

This shelf is where I put books for whatever theme we're studying.  Right now, it's back to school, of course!  And the top of the shelf holds a slew of fiction books that don't fit into any of my theme baskets.

And this shelf holds all my theme baskets like Froggy, Leo Lionni, Animals, Transportation, etc.  I also have an empty basket that's labeled "Class Books (by us)."  That's where we'll put all the books we write as a class this year and any books individual students write and donate to our library. 

 A close up of one of my labels...
So there's a peek into the most important part of my room.  I promise to share more when it's all done.  Be sure to check out Blog Hoppin' and link up to share your classroom!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...this looks great! The last thing left on my summer to-do list (not including back-to-school odds and ends) is to organize my stash of teacher books. It's on my schedule for next week! Not really looking forward to it, but I know that it will be so worth it when it's done! Excited to see the rest of your room!

    Jill
    ABCs and Polkadots

    ReplyDelete
  2. My students come back the 26th too! Yesterday I got a wild hair to organize my closet. I pulled everything out and now its a disaster. I'm so afraid I'll never be ready to do a classroom reveal! You're library looks great!

    My Kinder-Garden

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...