Sunday, July 28, 2013

Monday Made-It


I'm excited to post on Monday Made-It for the very first time!  Now that summer is drawing to an end (can you believe it's almost August?), I'm starting to work more on my classroom projects.  Last week, I found this cute rocking chair at Goodwill.
I washed it off, sanded it, and then painted it blue to match the colors in my classroom.  I still need to spray it with some sealant, and possibly touch up a few spots, but it's mostly done!
As usual, Harper "casually" walks by so she can be part of the picture.
The color is a little brighter in person, but I'm really excited with how it turned out and what a cheap project it was.  The chair was seven dollars and the paint cost about five, so 12 dollars total for a super cute chair!  I wish I could find some more for that price! 

Also, one of my goals this summer was to look back at my older TpT products and see if I needed to edit them.  One of the very first things I made was my Word Family Poster Set.  I decided they were a little boring, so I spiced them up a bit.

My new and improved Word Family Posters for the 37 Most Common Rimes..Now with Bright Chevron Background!
Click the picture to go to TpT.  If you previously purchased my word family posters, you can download these for free!

I really liked how they turned out, so I decided to add two other options for the posters as well.  Pastel Chevron:

And Polka Dots:
Other than the backgrounds, the poster sets are all the same.  (They contain the same word families and the same picture and anchor word for each family.)

I'd love to give a few of these away.  Leave me a comment with your email and which set you'd like and I'll choose 3 winners later this week.  Happy Monday!

12 comments:

  1. Cute chair! Don't you just love a great deal! I have 2 stools in need of a makeover that were free...LOVE free stuff! Your posters look really good...the bright polka dots is my favorite! Teaching with Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable posters!!! I love the size and the graphics, great visual for my differentiated learners. I would love to have the Pastel Chevron to match my chevron theme this year.

    Thanks in advance.

    Roxanne
    foxysexyroxy10@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I painted a cute picnic table for my classroom last year, but was too lazy to add sealant. Bad idea! I'll be RE-painting it this summer!! :(

    Cute posters!! I'd love the polka dots!!

    Jill
    jillsloothaak@att.net
    ABCs and Polkadots

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your chair turned out really cute. I love the colors on your blog. I just made a set of digital paper that would go perfectly with this. Thanks for sharing.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the chairs!! Such a fun color!
    The posters look cute, but I teach third. I just wanted you to know they look great though!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chair looks great! I painted a chair for my room this summer too and also got it from Goodwill!

    ~Traci
    The Bender Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love a set of your polka dot posters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chair is perfect! I definitely need one of those in my room. I'll have to go shopping!

    -Caitlyn
    Fourth Grade Lemonade

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...