Monday, July 1, 2013

Currently: July

Can you believe it is already July?  Eek...where is my summer going?  Anyways, here's my currently...
Listening: Highway Don't Care - Tim McGraw and Taylor Swift.  I love that song.
Loving: Summer Thunderstorms.  I know some people around me have lost power lately so I'm sure they are not loving it, but there is nothing so relaxing as hearing the rain pour while I laze around in bed.  And it's so nice how the storms cool down the hot temperatures a little bit!
Thinking: I really need to go to yoga class...which starts in an hour.  But I've spent the last week being really lazy at the beach and it's hard to get back to good habits!
Wanting: Chocolate ice cream...I'm such a sucker for ice cream pretty much all the time but especially in the summer.  And doesn't watching The Bachelorette with a bowl of ice cream sound better than yoga class?  I think so.
Needing: Motivation.  Summer is so relaxing, but it makes me feel like I have all the time in the world and I have so many things I want to do for home and for school before I go back to work in August. 
Tips/tricks/hints: I'm a relatively new blogger and TpT seller, and it is so easy to compare myself to big bloggers like Cara Carroll or Babbling Abby.  But doing that is just discouraging, so I have to remind myself that at one time they were just starting, too, and only had a few followers.  We all have to make our own pace with this and keep it fun!

Before I sign off, congratulations to Lori, Missie, and Rachel for winning my Owls and Chevron products.  Check your email!  To everyone else, these two products are 20 percent off through Thursday (click the pictures below)!  And please let me know what other Owl and Chevron products you'd like to see!


Also, be sure to check out my friend Amy's awesome giveaway at 24/7 Teacher. You have the opportunity to win so many amazing things including those really cool pencil sharpeners!  Good luck!

4 comments:

  1. I am right there with you on enjoying these summer storms. The rain is soothing, and I think the thunder and lightning can be invigorating! My sister-in-law was in town from Texas this weekend,and she was telling me how much she missed our east coast thunderstorms in the summer. :)

    I think your owl designs are just adorable, so keep on keepin' on! :) Love that positive advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I{heart}summer storms too! I think I like sleeping though them the most. :) Love your blog.

    Shannon
    The Teaching Twosome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog, Danielle! I love the theme. I am a NC teacher & saw you on Fifth in the Middle's link up...thought I would pay a visit!

    Love your advice - it's easy to compare yourself to others (us teachers are the worst I think!). As I like to tell my students, it's okay to be a fruit loop in a world full of cheerios!

    Hope you are enjoying your summer!!

    Kristina
    Mrs. Z & Company

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle! Your owl & chevron products are adorable! I just found your blog, I’m your newest follower!
    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...