Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Ten Pin Linky - Classroom Management

As I said the other day, I am always looking for new ideas to encourage good behavior!  So I'm very excited for Ashley's linky this week, all about classroom management ideas from pinterest!



Here are some awesome pins I want to try this year:
1. In the past, I have usually done a prize box, but these coupons are great ideas that would motivate kids!


 
2. Having a "secret student" each day (who can earn extra dojo points) would be another great motivator.  

3. Morning Meeting is a great way to build community and start the day on a positive note.  This teacher has awesome activity cards and other ideas for morning meeting!



 4. This activity, which goes with Chrysanthemum, by Kevin Henkes, is such a great way to help students see the power of kind and hurtful words.  I did this last year with my first graders and they loved it!

5. Another important part of behavior management is teaching kids to identify and process their feelings.  I love this Thumb Print Feeling book.  It would be great to do after reading Todd Parr's The Feelings Book!

6. And these are great cards to remind students to do with those feelings.  You could also remake them with pictures of kids doing each of the steps.

 
7. I love these questions to begin a conversation on classroom expectations.

 
8. Stating clear expectations for everything is key to good classroom management.  I love this freebie poster for Turn and Talk behavior.

9. And I know this isn't technically classroom management, but I'm sure any kindergarten teacher will agree with me - kids tying their own shoes will save you a lot of time and hassle.  Don't you love this Pete the Cat board?  How inspiring! 
 
10. Last but not least, here is an awesome music video about respect!  Perfect for a discussion starter or a reminder.

Do you have great classroom management pins to share?  Go link up with Ashley!

Also...I have finished updating my 7 Habits books so you can print them double-sided.  If you've purchased them, go back to TpT and redownload!

4 comments:

  1. Great pins! I have some of the same ones, but had forgotten about them. I especially love the secret student of the day idea. I am a new follower. :)
    Preschool Wonders

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved using the reward tickets this year! Our kiddos really enjoyed them!

    :) Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super pins! I just pinned the shoe tying one a few days ago. My mom said to me "Is shoe typing really a school skill?" It's a fine motor skill that helps with handwriting! (I think she forgot that I learned how to tie my shoes in kindergarten AT school.) A third grade teacher mentioned that she had kids that couldn't tie a knot for a project! It all goes back to shoe tying. *Stepping off my soap box now!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I wish it wasn't a school skill...I think kids should come to school knowing how tie their shoes. But I'll do whatever I can to motivate them! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...