Thursday, June 13, 2013

Ending the Year!

Woohoo - summer is here!  Well kind of... I have 1 more work day, but then summer will be here.  We had so much fun our last week of school!  We did Field Day, had a pizza party, an ice cream party, and kindergarten graduation.

Our graduation was super cute and simple.  I ordered hats from Really Good Stuff, and we just decorated the top.  I wrote "2013" in glue and the kids picked a glitter color to shake over it.  They loved them!
We did two songs - this 7 habits song and Movin' on to First Grade (neither of these videos are of my kids...just ones I found on youtube :)  We also did some Readers' Theater presentations.
 These are from our LLI kit, which made it very easy to find parts that were appropriately leveled for each student.  They did such a great job during our practices, but during graduation, their voices were all so quiet!  At least they are familiar stories, so it was okay if people couldn't hear every word.

For end of the year gifts, I sent home these wordles...a fabulous idea from Amanda!  I included everyone's name, the student's favorite thing about school, what they want to do when they grow up, and a few words I think describe them.

I just put them in dollar store frames, but my students loved them! So grateful to have a new, fun idea!

Our last day of school was just a half day and pretty low-key.  We read Oh The Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss and I had my students all sign a certain page.  I started doing this last year, and it's really cool to look back at each kids' signature.  I told them I need their autographs for when they're famous presidents and scientists one day :)
It was a great wrap-up to a great year and now I'm ready for summer!  Looking forward to relaxing and having some time to work on new things for TpT.  I hope everyone else is enjoying their summer so far!  What fun things did you do to end your year?

2 comments:

  1. Love those wordle signs! Those momma's of your kiddos will definitely keep them in a special spot for sure! Happy summer to you!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did Wordles, too! I didn't put them in frames but that is a fantastic idea!
    Sara
    Polka Dot Kinders

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...