Thursday, May 2, 2013

Currently May

I am so out of it that I was totally surprised when I saw everyone's "Currently" posts.  I guess it is a new month...


Listening - To Matthew West.  Love his music!

Loving - Actual *spring* weather.  It seems in NC we typically get the extremes.  I'm loving the fact that I don't need heat or AC, and I can wear whatever I want without a jacket.  I'm trying to soak up this sweet weather before the heat of summer.

Thinking - About our kindergarten registration tomorrow.  Sixty new kindergartners are coming for testing and it is so exciting to meet them and imagine which ones I'll teach next year!
(On a side note, I was explaining to my students what they would be doing while the new kindergartners are at school tomorrow.  We started talking about going to first grade, and one of my students said "Wow, you've got a lot of stuff to pack before we move up there."  So...I had to tell him I wasn't moving with them to first grade.  It was a pretty rude awakening for some of my sweet students.  They asked if they could just stay in K.)

Wanting/Needing - It is the time of year that I worry about my kids reading on grade level.  Maybe it's just my school, but the pressure is really on this year.  I know I need to stop stressing and just focus on making the most of this last month, but I'm still worried!

Summer Bucket List - I'm looking forward to spending time this summer working on some new products I have in mind for TpT and also organizing some of my teaching materials - and my computer files.  And...I'm really excited to visit the beach for a week in June, and spend time at the pool all summer long :)

And a funny story...today one of my sweet English language learners was building at the blocks center.  All of a sudden, he yelled that his building was "sexy."  The room went silent.  I had to explain to him that it wasn't a school word, but it was just so funny hearing how he used it.  It was obvious he had no clue what it meant.

Link up your currently with Farley!

12 comments:

  1. So sweet that they thought you would move with them!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. See with me being from the north...I do not like this weather. reminds me too much of home! lol I think we can get a tad bit warmer! ;)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...today in the fifties was a little too much for me. Especially when I talked to friends up north and heard they were having a beautiful day!

      Delete
  3. I {heart} the things children say! Adorable:) I love that your school tests incoming kindergarteners. So smart!

    Good luck on your summer bucket list!

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through the linky-I need to organize my computer files too. I didn't write it because then I'll have to actually do it! hehe Let me know if you have any easy tips to help the process!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joanne! I don't have any good tips right now, but hopefully after this summer I will, ha!

      Delete
  5. "Sexy" LoL too cute and funny!

    I'm your newest follower, drop by if you'd like. =)

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I guess he's heard that word as a compliment! :) We get a lot of pressure too-I feel badly for those kiddos for whom those skills just haven't kicked in yet. :( That's funny about moving to 1st Grade-I may actually do it with my group next year and I know they will expect it every year after that! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I did it once, and loved it, but this year my class dynamic isn't right for it. Good luck if you end up moving up!

      Delete
  7. That's sweet that you kids want to stay with you! My kids are saying the same thing (last year's group was a different story). They keep inviting me to hang out with them this summer. One girls said that I was going to babysit her everyday in the summer. Uh, no thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny! Some of my kids have asked when I'm going to invite them to my house, haha!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...