Sunday, April 21, 2013

Five for Sunday

Obviously I'm really bad at the Friday linkys...but I don't want to miss out on them.  Posting late just gives me a chance to share about my weekend, too!

1. We've been learning about plants and made a graph about our favorites (idea from the fabulous Cara Caroll)!  I changed the lesson a little and let them paint their favorite fruit, vegetable, tree, or flower.  They loved it...we don't paint enough.  Then we graphed what we had.  Cara has a great recording sheet you can use, too. 

2. On Friday we went on a field trip to the hospital.  They do a great free program for the kids, where they role play going to the hospital for a tonsillectomy.  They get to dress up as moms, dads, patients, nurses, doctors, and see all the tools the doctors use.  I would hope it helps ease their anxiety if they ever have to go to the hospital themselves.

3. But overwhelmingly, the most popular part of the trip was our time at an amazing playground!

4. I had a great weekend, beginning Friday night with a Greg Bates concert!  He is an up and coming country artist from my hometown outside of Nashville, TN.  You might have heard his singles - Did It For the Girl and Fill in the Blank.  If you like country music, I strongly suggest you check him out.  He is an incredibly talented singer and songwriter!  (One of my favorite songs by him is called Brothers...so sweet.)

5. We had beautiful weather this weekend, so a friend and I took a walk on Carolina's campus.  Graduation is a few weeks away and the girl you see in the picture is someone trying to get a head start on her cap and gown pictures.  It was so weird walking through and thinking I was in the exact same place four years ago...about to graduate and freaking out about finding a job and being an adult.  It doesn't seem like it's been that long!  And the people graduating now were finishing high school as I graduated college...makes me feel old.

Anyways, before I forget, here are the two winners of my CGI Math Book.  Congratulations to Jen Jen Qld and Yvonnee.   Check your email!  Also...if you didn't win, you can grab this product at a discount - 2 dollars off - for the next two days!  Just click here!

I hope everyone has a great Monday!  If you haven't yet, link up with DoodleBugs Five for Friday!
fiveforfriday

2 comments:

  1. I love your plant graph! Looks like you had a fun weekend... and you are NOT old by the way!!!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...