Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Preparing for the Leprechauns

We have been busy this week preparing for the leprechauns.  First, we wrote some letters...
 
And decorated them with glitter!


Then we made these tie-dyed shamrocks and hung them in the windows.  There's a great tutorial here.
Now we've been working on synergy (Habit 6)!  We've been working in teams to build leprechaun traps.  It is amazing the level of problem-solving and communication I'm seeing with these teams.  It's so exciting!

On Friday, the leprechauns will visit and send us on a hunt through the school.  Each letter is written in a different color of the rainbow and they take us through the school until we finally find our treasure.  The shamrock letters aren't that exciting, but if you want to download them, just click on the picture.  (I saved it as a powerpoint, so the formatting will look weird on google docs, and may look different if you don't have the font (HelloJunieB).  But...I just wanted it to be editable so you could insert your own clues.)
We'll end by finding our violet colored shamrock attached to this bag...
Inside is a little treasure (M&M's and golden coins) for each kid!  I'm so excited.  I love this project every year.  I still remember trying to catch a leprechaun when I was in kindergarten, and I hope my students will love and remember this day forever, too!

1 comment:

  1. adorable crafts! I love them --thanks for sharing!

    I am your newest follower :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...