Saturday, March 2, 2013

March Currently


Listening/Watching - Chicago Fire, one of my new favorite shows!

Loving - laying here in my pjs and watching tv and not feeling pressure to go anywhere or do anything, at least for a little while.

Thinking- of all the things I need to do (like tackle my huge pile of dirty laundry) after I finish my lazy Saturday morning

Wanting- Warm weather to get here for good.  We keep getting these pretty days and then the next day, it'll be 30 degrees again.  I'm so tired of the cold...

Needing- to go running...and I will as soon as the weather warms up a little :)

Like, love, hate- This was hard.  First, because I don't think D has the best word options to offer.  Also, because I'm not good at using just one word. 
So...
-dojo: Have you seen the site classdojo.com?  It's an awesome tool for behavior management.  I have used tickets in the past, which I love, except if I pass out tickets on the carpet, they play with them.  And my less responsible kids lose their tickets before they can come to the store on Friday.  This is so much easier.  I can still give points for positive behavior, but I can do it on my phone, iPad or computer.  The kids LOVE it and will quickly settle down when I start giving out dojo points.  Seriously, check it out!

-dancing: I have started doing Zumba classes a lot, and I love it.  I am a terrible dancer, but it's so much fun and such a good workout.

-disappointment: pretty self-explanatory.  No one likes it, right?

Have a great weekend, everybody!

9 comments:

  1. I am with you on the warmer weather!! Come on SPRING!! :)

    Jen
    Jen's Kinder
    Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHH thanks for linking up... I like Dojo too... and love that I can do it on my phone!!!

    I tried Zumba once... I was so embarrassed I didn't do it again

    and I need to go for a run too... the weather is beautiful here so I have no excuse :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started watching Chicago Fire when it first came out, but then stopped watching it (cannot even remember why). I am ready for the snow to be gone for good! Although we did get a snow day Wed so I should not complain. I am over the snow though, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle! We are in NC too and are hoping for warmer weather as well!!

    :) Tamra and Sarah
    firstgradebuddies2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in Indiana and I think we're stuck in the 30s....30 something degrees of weather that is. We've been here for weeks and it's not my favorite kind of weather. We're never stuck in the 70s for weeks! We'll have 15 weeks of cold 1 week of lovely and 15 weeks of hot.

    Good to hear you love Zumba but can't dance. I thought about trying it (in the privacy of my own home, lol) but I have no rhythm!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Zumba!! It certainly has helped me with letting go and laughing at myself! I so need to run too, and the weather is perfect here. Not sure what my excuse is today!

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just discovered Dojo-it's working so well with my kids! I love Zumba too-we have someone coming to the school now to do sessions-hard to not look like a fool with no rhythm but great exercise regardless! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I felt so self-conscious the first time I tried Zumba, but it's so much fun I just got over it :)

      Delete
  8. I definitely need to go for a run too--the weather's warming up, though, so that should help motivate! Found you through the currently--I'm your newest follower! Please feel free to stop by if you get a chance :)

    ~Steph

    The Quirky Apple
    Sparkly, Quirky Lifebox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...