Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentines Mailboxes

Have you made your valentines holders/mailboxes yet?  I was looking for something simple and not requiring a lot of materials, and found this cute activity .  The example on the site is a lot more detailed than the ones we made, but I still think ours turned out cute!

Here's what we did:
-paint two paper plates
-staple the plates together and cut out a mouth
-use the mouth you cut out to make fins
-decorate!

If I did it again, I think I would staple the plates before we painted.  You would have to paint one side and then let it dry before doing the other, but I still think it might make the construction process easier.  Not sure though.

I think I'll read one of my favorites, The Pout Pout Fish, by Deborah Diesen, on Valentine's Day to make the *fish-love* connection.
 

How do you collect valentines in your classroom?  

3 comments:

  1. What delightful Valentine mailboxes!

    Best Fishes to you and your students,
    Debbie Diesen (author of The Pout-Pout Fish)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting to hear from one of my favorite children's book authors! Thank you Debbie!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...