Lately my weekends are too busy to keep me on time for all the fun Friday linkys. So I'm linking up a little late. First here's Five for Friday with Doodlebugs!
1. Here are my students doing Valentine's math, with a fun estimation freebie from Traci! Technically, we were supposed to use candy hearts and estimate how many would fit in the big paper heart, but we had so many fruit loops leftover from the 100th day, we used those instead.
If we had more time, I would have given them leftover cheerios too, so they could see which took more the bigger fruit loops or smaller cheerios. We didn't have time to do that, but my early finishers sorted their fruit loops by color and said which was most/least.
2. We made really cute valentines for the kids' parents. I love the way they turned out!
3. On the back, they wrote their parents a note. We just started talking about writing the date with numbers, and I told the kids it was like a secret code. This student was pretty excited about that. Above her date in the top right corner she wrote "That is my secret code."
4. I am always amazed by how my students bless me on Valentine's Day. Here is one of my favorite gifts - beautiful flowers!
5. My last thing is a little conversation that's made me laugh so many times, so I'm linking up with Friday Funnies to share, too.
At lunch the other day:
Student 1: (holding a grocery bag) I lost my lunch box, so now I have to use this.
Student 2: (in a voice of such pure innocence and excitement) You know where you can get a new lunch box? WalMart. Have you been there? They have Transformers lunch boxes. They have lots of things. Even this shirt is from WalMart. You can get anything there. Even you can get stuff for your dog.
I really think that student should be in a WalMart commercial. He made it sound like such a magical place :)
And now for a little giveaway! Comment below for a chance to win my 3 7 Habit Social Stories!