Sunday, February 17, 2013

Friday Linkys- Valentine Version

Update: If you visited looking for my 7 Habits stories, unfortunately I am no longer able to sell them. Franklin Covey has said that no products should be sold on Teachers Pay Teachers using the 7 habits. So sorry!

Lately my weekends are too busy to keep me on time for all the fun Friday linkys.  So I'm linking up a little late.  First here's Five for Friday with Doodlebugs!
fiveforfriday 
 1. Here are my students doing Valentine's math, with a fun estimation freebie from Traci!  Technically, we were supposed to use candy hearts and estimate how many would fit in the big paper heart, but we had so many fruit loops leftover from the 100th day, we used those instead.  
If we had more time, I would have given them leftover cheerios too, so they could see which took more the bigger fruit loops or smaller cheerios.   We didn't have time to do that, but my early finishers sorted their fruit loops by color and said which was most/least.

2. We made really cute valentines for the kids' parents.  I love the way they turned out!

3. On the back, they wrote their parents a note.  We just started talking about writing the date with numbers, and I told the kids it was like a secret code.  This student was pretty excited about that.  Above her date in the top right corner she wrote "That is my secret code."

4. I am always amazed by how my students bless me on Valentine's Day.  Here is one of my favorite gifts - beautiful flowers!

5.  My last thing is a little conversation that's made me laugh so many times, so I'm linking up with Friday Funnies to share, too.  
 
At lunch the other day:
Student 1: (holding a grocery bag) I lost my lunch box, so now I have to use this.
Student 2: (in a voice of such pure innocence and excitement) You know where you can get a new lunch box?  WalMart.  Have you been there?  They have Transformers lunch boxes.  They have lots of things.  Even this shirt is from WalMart.  You can get anything there.  Even you can get stuff for your dog.  

I really think that student should be in a WalMart commercial.  He made it sound like such a magical place :)


And now for a little giveaway!  Comment below for a chance to win my 3 7 Habit Social Stories!
Proactive Pete: A Social Story about Being Proactive

End in Mind Amy: A Social Story about Goal Setting

First Thing Theo: a Social Story about Setting Priorities


19 comments:

  1. We are a 7 habits school and I'm on the hunt for great materials!! I'd love to win these! Excited to hear more teaching ideas for the 7 habits..
    kcahcrim@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look absolutely wonderful! I would just love to win :) it's obvious that you put a great deal of effort into them. My littles would love them too! Thanks for offering this fab giveaway!

    Hugs!
    Khrys
    Kool.in.kinderland@gmail.com
    Keepinitkoolinkinderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through the Five on Friday Linky and now I am following you. Your blog is just adorable!

    I love all of your Valentine's Day activities, too cute! Your freebie is amazing!!! I have older kids but it looks like a wonderful resource for the primary grades. It makes those abstract ideas a little easier to grasp. How sweet of you to share! :)

    Lattes and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These look great and I would love to use them and review them!
    lraines78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your social story idea, kids love these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi:) This will be my first year teaching and I'm so excited! I love the page you've created and the books look awesome. If possible, I would like a copy of your books. My email address is angeloffaith19@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the social story idea for the 7 Habits... Are they available??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, no they are no longer available. The Covey organization made me take them down. Sorry!

      Delete
    2. I am very sad to hear this. My school just became a Leader in Me school.

      Delete
  8. I have students who could really use these

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am interested in reading these social stories. I am new school counselor and I am in charge of teaching the 7 habits. I need all the help I can get. I hope to win

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very interested in your social stories!! My school is just getting started with the 7 Habits and would love to win these!! If not are they available for purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  11. My school just started the 7 Habits and I am looking forward to a great start. These stories look like they will be a wonderful jumping off point. Looking forward to using them

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have misplaced my proactive pete student mini blacking book. Where can I buy another one?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have misplaced my proactive pete student mini blacking book. Where can I buy another one?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have misplaced my proactive pete student mini blacking book. Where can I buy another one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to share them on TpT anymore. The Covey organization does not want teachers to sell 7 habits products. Since you bought it previously, just email me and I can send you the file. email - danielle.faerber (at) gmail (dot) com

      Delete
  15. I teach a self-contained special education class (3rd-5th). We just took on the Leader In Me program and these social stories might work very well in my classroom. I would love to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am need of 7 habits for my extended resource room and these social stories would be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...