Sunday, February 3, 2013

Five for Friday on a Sunday

With all the linky's this weekend, I missed my favorite weekly linky - Five For Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching.
fiveforfriday
Here are 5 random pictures from this week...

1. On Friday, we made this super cute graph to predict whether the groundhog would see his shadow.  (Idea from Kindergarten Rocks)  We've been working on seeing numbers in groups and I was so excited when one of my students said "I didn't have to count to see how many people said no."  I asked how he knew and he said "I saw two groups of 4 and that makes 8."  Woohoo, love when kids make those connections!

http://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=40a13fa06a&view=att&th=13ca10c77b3399d6&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9FSC5oImtDzmcDRuU5djDw&sadet=1359911695529&sads=99iFe4sAU4wUDedQn20kp93cugY 
2. We learned this week about "Be Proactive" the first of the 7 Habits of Happy Kids. We read these books and wrote about how the characters were proactive.  Seeing the characters make proactive choices really helped the students understand the principle.

3. We used a modified version of the Frayer Model to show our understanding of the first habit.  We also had a visit from 2nd graders who did skits on ways to be proactive instead of reactive when dealing with classmates and friends.  The kids loved it!

 
4. Now that it's February, I finally took down the Christmas-themed artwork I had hanging in my kitchen and replaced it with my monogram and a bible verse printable.  I guess it can't say "Tis the Season to be Jolly" on my wall all year long :)  I made the bible verse one - click {here} to download and I got the monogram free {here}.

5. Just in time for the TpT sale, I uploaded my latest emergent reader focusing on short vowels and the sight word "get."  It also has an option for students working with beginning sounds.  This book, and all my other products, are on sale (20% off) tomorrow and Monday.  Don't forget to enter the code "SUPER" at checkout today for an extra 10% off. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!  I'll be posting about our 100th day of school (this Friday) and learning about the 2nd habit - Begin with the End in Mind.

7 comments:

  1. Love that bible verse printable! Where might I find one??

    Happy Sunday!

    Emily
    www.absolutelytrueteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I'm actually really excited because I made it myself. If you scroll back up below the picture I added a link to google docs where you can download it.

      Delete
    2. Ahhh thanks so much!! Super excited now!!

      Delete
  2. I love your five. I think technically it COULD be the season to be jolly all year. Doesn't jolly mean happy? Happy is never out of season. lol. I have been so busy since Christmas.... I still have a tree out and Christmas decorations to put away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carrie. I'm glad I'm not the only one, ha!

      Delete
  3. Found your blog through the linky party. I too am in central NC, would love to know where you are at! Love your products, they are great for my kinder :)

    Your newest follower!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Jess. I'm in Orange County...how bout you?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...