Saturday, February 2, 2013

February Currently and a Freebie

Happy February!  Today, I'm linking up with Farley for Currently and scroll down to the bottom of the post for a Fabulicious Freebie!


I am still such a Friends fan.  I've got all the seasons on DVD and watch it all the time.  
This week, some of my former students delivered my girl scout cookies and I have been eating them like crazy.  Caramel Delites are the BEST!
I'm so ready for spring.  Our weather is up and down here, and it's such a tease.  I'm hoping the groundhog does NOT see his shadow today.
I tried to thing about what I was needing, and I really couldn't think of anything.  I'm feeling very blessed lately.
And my pet peeve...lately, it's definitely been negativity.  I really try hard to have a positive attitude.  Positivity is contagious but so is negativity.  It's hard to stay positive around negative people.  That's one of the things I love about the blogging community.  People are so excited about teaching - it helps me stay positive and sane!

And here is a freebie for Freebielicious' monthly linky.
This is a little activity we did this week.  Most of my students are working on hearing the middle sounds in words.  A few are still working on hearing beginning sounds.  So there are 2 versions here of fill-in CVC words.  You could laminate them and use them for a center, or we cut ours and made little flip books. Click the picture to download it.

17 comments:

  1. I too am a "Friends" fan! I was so upset when it ended...I mean it really didn't have to! Thanks to this linky, I'm know following your blog!
    How about them apples?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also can't wait for spring to get here!!!! What a great freebie...thank you for sharing.

    Literacy Without Worksheets

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have Girl Scout Cookies!!?? Mine have yet to arrive and I'm dying for them. I'm boring--the Trefoils are my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girl scout cookies are not here yet and I cannot wait. I like the chocolate coconut ones. So yummy!

    Thanks for sharing the freebie, I may use it with my preschooler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable blog! On my currently I was listening to "Friends" too! LOVE that show!

    Kelly
    Thirsty Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the great freebie! We are working on this skill and it will be perfect practice for my kiddos!!!
    kcahcrim@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. My cookies haven't arrived yet. It's gloomy outside so today would have been a perfect day to munch on them!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm your newest follower...Love your cute blog!!!
    Christy
    Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl Scout cookies are addictive! Best of luck encouraging others to stay positive.

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  9. So looking forward to my girl scout cookies too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love girl scout cookies too and definitely need to get some!
    Kate
    http://funinecse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl Scout Cookies are ADDICTIVE! I like the Samoas and Thin Mints. Yum!

    Cara
    The Teacher's Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi!

    Just found your blog thanks to Farley's linky party! New to the world of blogging, but yours caught my eye because I'm from NC (although currently teaching in West Virginia...) Look forward to reading more fabulous posts from you!

    Emily
    The Absolutely True Blog of an Almost Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Freebie! I am printing it as soon as I get back to school! I work in a year round school so I dont go back for a week or so! Thanks so much!

    Katelin's Kreative Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a cute freebie!! This is just what my daughter needs, however, when I click on it, it goes to google docs, but when I hit download or print, it says the page cannot be displayed. :( Is there any other way I can get this??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why it didn't work for you...sorry about that. But I also have it listed in my Teacher's Notebook store for free: http://www.teachersnotebook.com/product/dfaerber/missing-vowels-and-beginning-sounds-cvc-cards

      Hope that works!

      Danielle

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...