Sunday, January 20, 2013

Valentine Preparations

So after complaining about the rain, I did get blessed with our first snow day of the year!  So, my weekend is four days long.  I'm trying to soak up every minute.  I've used some of my free time to finish up some Valentine's Day projects.  February is such a busy month with the 100th day, too, so I'm trying to get ahead of the game.

Here is my new Valentine's Day book (click on the pictures to check it out).


 


































This shows the same page in each of the 4 versions.  The pack also has a black/white option.

I always use these books during word study time, because they can target different skills (letter ID, sight words, phonetic spelling, etc.)  and the kids are excited to read it since it's holiday-themed.  This is basically a Level C if you use Fountas and Pinnell levels.  If you need an easier book, I've also made a Level A Valentine's book.  It is similar to the above book and targets "big" and "see."
 
Here are some pictures from the Level A (click the pictures to go to my TPT store).

And I made a book for one of our new February word families.  We'll be studying the -ug family, so I made a book called "The Love Bug," complete with matching picture and word cards.  Here's a sample of what you get with that book.

Now that I feel like I've accomplished something this weekend, I can go back to relaxing, ha!  I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...