Thursday, January 17, 2013

Rain Rain Go Away

Oh my goodness...this week seems to be moving in slow motion.  We have had tons of rain all week, which means no recess.  My students are quickly deteriorating (and I'm right there with them).  Add to that the fact that we have a class-wide incentive system to earn extra recess and they earned their extra recess yesterday morning.  They keep on asking when we'll have our extra recess and I point to the windows and say "hello?  Remember the rain?"  "Maybe tomorrow the rain will stop."  We can only hope.  Meanwhile, we've been doing our best to keep moving in the classroom.  Here are some videos from youtube we LOVE for rainy days...or any time we need a movement break.


These songs are also great for practicing left and right, especially the Cha Cha Slide, because it actually shows the kids the right direction to move.  I hope your weather is better than ours right now!

4 comments:

  1. So using these tomorrow....I think my kids have reached their limit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No school tomorrow?! C'mon Orange Co!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

      Delete
  3. My kids will love these! Thank you so much for sharing. I don't think we take enough brain breaks.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...