Sunday, January 27, 2013

Groundhog Day

This is just a quick post to say I finished my newest easy reader, Groundhog Day!  I'm estimating that it is a Level D (Fountas and Pinnell) but it does have some tricky words like "predicting" and "burrowing."  I tried to balance keeping it easy to read and giving information related to the subject.  Here's a preview of some of the included pages:

Like my other books, it includes different versions for varying word work.  This week, some of my students will be working on the ending "ing," while others are practicing the sight word "am," and a few will be searching for letters they are still learning.

Since it's so close to Groundhog Day, I have the book on sale now through Tuesday night.  Click the picture above to check it out! 

Have a great Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Cute book!
    Gotta love those kinder babies! They are something special. I taught K last year and I am now currently teaching 1st. It has my heart. Seven of my students looped with me. It is amazing to think back to the day they walked into my kindergarten classroom. Tear ;)They have come some far! I love it!
    I just became your newest follower. I can't wait to see all of your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Andrea! I know what you mean. I looped to first last year and it was such a great experience. It's amazing how they grow from beginning kindergartners to almost 2nd graders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, your blog is THE CUTEST. I am a teacher also (7th grade math) but my oldest is in Kindergarten this year & my middle will be in kinder next year. LOVE so many of your ideas & can't wait to use them for reinforcement at home!!! Newest follower...can't wait to see more ideas that you post! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet! Thanks for following :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...