Friday, January 25, 2013

Five for Friday

[fiveforfriday5.jpg] 

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!   Here are 5 random things from today:

1. Winter has finally come to North Carolina.  But the weather here is so crazy.  Look what we can expect on Tuesday!  I'm not going to complain though...I'll take 70 degree weather anytime.  
2. Because of the forecast today, our school planned to let out at 11.  But when the snow came sooner than expected, they had us dismiss bus riders at 10:40.  My four car riders were hanging out watching TumbleBooks while we waited for dismissal.  They looked so cute like this, I had to snap a picture!
3. We finally finished all our MLK activities, including this wreath.  The kids loved this project.
4. We are starting to implement The Leader in Me at our school.  It's a program focused on teaching Stephen Covey's 7 habits of highly effective people to students and developing their leadership skills.  We started this week by writing our class mission statement.  Do any of you teach the 7 habits?  I'd love to hear your suggestions for teaching them in the primary grades!


5. Got this sweet picture of my niece Morgan Grace today.  Isn't she gorgeous?

I hope you all have a great weekend!  If you're snowed in like me and looking for something to do, link up with Doodle Bugs!


7 comments:

  1. I just found your blog via Doodle Bugs' linky and I'm your newest follower. I'm jealous of that 70 degrees that are forcasted for you. I'm from WI and today was the warmest it has been all week for us and it was like a whole 15 degrees and snowing. :)

    Erin
    www.missandersonkinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I think if I lived up there I'd end up staying in bed under my down comforter all.the.time. Definitely puts things in perspective for me down here :)

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog and love it. I'm your newest follower :) I LOVE your carpet - so bright and clean. Also, great idea for the class mission statement. I'll have to save the idea for next fall - thank you for sharing!

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ice hit us sooner this morning -- we sent our kids home as soon as they got there. I was back home by 8:45 -- shortest day EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that they will do an early release for snow, wow. It is pouring, pouring rain and we are out standing in the rain for duty. I get sick every time. Your niece is adorable. I am your newest follower.

    Terri
    The First Grade Princess

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...