Saturday, December 29, 2012

Resolutions for Professional Growth



Today, I'm linking up with One Extra Degree to share my professional growth goals for 2013.

 
 I've thought about this a lot...I finished up my Master's degree in July and decided to take a little break this year before getting my National Boards.  So starting next fall, the National Boards are my biggest goal.  Kind of scared...but we'll see how it goes, ha!  





Another thing I want to do is renew my NAEYC membership and begin receiving the Young Children journal again.  Staying up to date with the current research is easier, I think, when I'm receiving journals in the mail rather than just promising myself I'll read stuff online.  I may even go for the comprehensive membership and receive some books as well! 

I also want to read this book:
I heard Pedro Noguera speak at Duke a few months ago, and he was excellent.

What are your professional goals for 2013?  Link up with One Extra Degree to share and enter the great giveaway!

6 comments:

  1. Just found your blog over at the Professional Goals Linky! I am looking into getting my masters and/or applying for National Boards next fall too. Fingers crossed all goes well.

    I am your newest follower.
    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy! Good luck with your goals!

      Delete
  2. I am in the same boat... I just finished my masters and want to take some time off before getting my national boards! Good luck with all your professional adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelley. Good luck to you too and congrats on finishing your masters!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your Master's degree! That book you posted looks very interesting... I may have to read that one too!
    I really like the yellow and gray color scheme on your blog- it looks good! I'm your newest follower.

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...