Friday, December 28, 2012

Organization Resolutions!

 
I am linking up with 2nd Grade Shenanigans for Organization Resolutions!  Organization is one of those things that I think will always be a work in progress.  I'd love to believe that I could get organized this year and then everything would be great, but I know there will always be something new to organize or re-organize.  

One thing I did this year for the first time is organize the supplies in my art center by color.  Always before I'd organized by type - crayons, colored pencils, markers - but things always seemed a mess.  Especially the markers!  I was constantly nagging the kids to put the tops on their markers and to make sure the color of the top matched the color of the marker.  I found small buckets like these from Hobby Lobby:
 
They had almost every color I needed, but I got a few extras and spray painted them for the missing colors.  All my crayons, colored pencils, and markers of each color go into the corresponding bucket.  It has made a huge difference.  My art center stays way more organized and the kids are able to find what they need easily.

Now for my resolutions...

First, organize my guided reading materials.  I have my plans organized well in a binder, but the books, letter cards, dry erase boards, etc. drive me crazy!  I have a few of these plastic drawers and I want to use one set for guided reading groups...one group in each drawer.
daily lessons
I love the way Denise at 2nd Grade Ponderings decorated hers.

I would also love to teach my students how to keep my classroom library organized.  I have everything labeled and sorted, but it drives me crazy because the books always end up in different bins.  I've seen this idea a few times...
 
image source: thegoodlife-lindsay.blogspot.com

Kids pin the clothespin with their name on it to the bin where they got the book from.  When they put it back, they take back the clothespin. 

We'll see how it goes!  Link up with your organization resolutions at 2nd Grade Shenanigans and enter the great giveaway!
 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE Hobby Lobby! I go in there for 1 thing and come out with 20! :)

    -Courtney
    http://2ndgradesnapshots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Courtney! It's almost as bad as Target.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...