Saturday, December 15, 2012

Las Posadas and a Sale

On Thursday and Friday, the kindergarten team at my school had our annual Holidays around the World celebration.  Our students rotated to 4 different classes to celebrate Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa and Las Posadas.  They had so much fun!  I planned to have someone take pictures of all the activities in every room but...I was distracted by the 75 kindergarteners passing through my room.  So I only have pictures of the activity they did with me.

My room was Las Posadas.  We read The Legend of the Poinsettia, by Tomie dePaola.  Does anyone have any other Las Posadas book suggestions?  I always struggle with this.
The Legend of the Poinsettia
And we ate chips and salsa, danced to the Las Posadas song, and made these poinsettias.  You can find directions {here}.
Yesterday afternoon, my class made their Las Posadas books.  My English Language learners confuse she and he a lot, so this book was good practice for them.  On each page, they had to look and see if it was a boy or a girl, then write the appropriate pronoun. 
One more week till Christmas break!  If you're looking for some holiday activities to get you through this last week, check out my store.  All my December holiday products are 15 percent off through Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...