Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Friday Flashback

I am linking up with Teaching Maddeness for Friday Flashback!  
 This week has been a whirlwind, as I prepared for Christmas at school and at home.   At school, we made the ornaments I wrote about in my last post, and we wrapped them in reindeer bags.  Thank you, pinterest! 
I traced the kids' hands and had them cut them out themselves, and then they just drew the eyes and nose.  

We also had a special visit from Santa on Thursday.  He is the real deal.  He does such a great job...he collected fairies and explained how Rudolph got a red nose, and even said many of the kids' names throughout his presentation.  They were amazed.

 My favorite part of the week was during our Christmas party Friday.  A few weeks ago, we had a used book sale at our school.  I had each student draw a name and pick out a book for Secret Santa.  We wrapped them and handed them out one at a time on Friday afternoon.  The kids were so excited to give their gifts and were so grateful for each book.  It was like the true meaning of Christmas had hit them and they just loved watching each other open the books.  I wish I could show you the looks on their faces as they said "Thank you" and "Merry Christmas" to one another.  

I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up to share, Danielle! Those reindeer bags are precious! I love when they are truly student created! And, that Santa!! I bet they were super excited...makes me extremely jealous since I couldn't do anything holiday related this year!! Have a wonderful Christmas and a relaxing break!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...