Monday, December 10, 2012

12 in '12

I am linking up with A Teeny Tiny Teacher and Miss Kindergarten for..


12. Favorite Movie You Watched: Well, I have to confess that I had to google "2012 movies" because I couldn't even remember which movies I'd seen in 2012.  But, after looking through the selection my favorite is The Hunger Games, because I loved the books and was just so excited for the movie.  I also really liked The 5 Year Engagement, because it made me laugh so much.

11. Favorite TV Show: This is a hard one, because I love a lot of TV shows.  Probably my favorite this year was Revenge.  It always keeps me guessing and eager to see what's going to happen next.
  
10.  Favorite Restaurant: Another hard one!  I like a lot of local places, but as far as chains go, my favorite right now is P.F. Changs.

9. Favorite New Thing You Tried: Becoming a seller on TPT.  I've enjoyed TeachersPayTeachers as a resource for a while, but I just started selling in October, and I am so grateful and surprised at how well things have gone so far!

8. Favorite Gift You Got: My favorite gift this year is definitely my iPhone.  I love feeling like I have everything I need in one place.  So much easier when I'm going on a trip and I don't have to figure out mapping directions, bringing music, and remembering my camera.  Just grab my phone and go! 

7. Favorite Thing You Pinned: I LOVE pinterest, so I had lots of choices here.  I think this globe, and the others from this site are super cool, and I would love to make something like that someday.  
source: http://bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com/2012/01/globe-al-recycling-17-projects-to-diy.html
6. Favorite Blog Post: I am pretty new to blogging.  (I've had a classroom blog for a few years, but it's just to share news and pictures with my students' families.)  So, I don't have many choices.  I guess my Freebielicious Linky Party post is my favorite, because it brought so many visitors to my blog and helped me gain some new readers.

5. Best accomplishment: Finishing graduate school!!! I am so happy to have my masters in Early Childhood Special Education and be able to focus my efforts on teaching without the distractions of grad school assignments.
At Graduation.  Go Tar Heels!
4. Favorite picture: One of my student's dads took this picture at Field Day in June and I just love it.  It was a really chilly day (especially for North Carolina in June) and my students were sharing this towel and walking together as we left the field.  I had looped with my class to first grade, and seeing the love and friendship they had for one another after 2 years together just melted my heart and made every tough day worth it.  

3. Favorite memory: Meeting my new little niece for the first time in May.  Isn't she the sweetest girl?

2. Goal for 2013: Increase the distance I can run and do it on a more regular basis.  

1. One Little Word: Joyful.  I want to find joy in the little things, in ordinary places.  I want my joy to be contagious, for it to be shared with my friends, family, students...everyone I meet.
source: pinklemonadedesigns.blogspot.com



12 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing grad school! This is such a fun linky and I'm happy to have found your cute blog!
    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking up!!
    I love that picture of yoru kids on field day. It's fantastic!
    I also love Revenge - the hubby and I are addicted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin. It's such a fun linky idea!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I saw you on Teaching Madness' Budding Blogger showcase, and thought I'd stop by to check out your cute blog. ;) Aaawww, Harper is cute! Congratulations on finishing grad school! I just started.

    Jessica
    The Learning Metamorphosis


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica. Good luck with grad school!

      Delete
  4. I love your beautiful blog - absolutely love the COLORS! So cute! I am so glad to find your blog and become your 10th follower! Please stop by and see my blog too!

    Heidi
    http://inthatroomwithheidiharrell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog through Teaching Maddness. I'm your newest follower. :)
    I LOVE Revenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog. I'm right down the road from you in Henderson. (Vance County)
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Good to hear from a fellow North Carolinian!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...