Sunday, November 25, 2012

Cyber Monday Sale and Holidays Around the World

 
Don't forget to check out the big sale tomorrow and Tuesday!  All my products are on sale 20 percent, and TPT is adding an additional 10 percent off, so you can get a total of 28 percent off.  Just enter cmt12 at checkout!

I am so excited to be moving into December.  It is such a fun time at school.  I teach about 4 holidays during December - Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, and Las Posadas.  It is a great opportunity for students to make connections and compare and contrast.  They learn about diversity and develop appreciation for other cultures, all while excitedly sharing their own December traditions.  

I'm really happy this year to have 4 weeks for our holiday studies.  I've created an emergent reader to kick off each holiday and integrated it with our focus sight words.  We'll start with this Hanukkah book. 
I built in differentiation with the books through three different levels of activity.  My struggling students will work on highlighting target letters as they read the book.  My on-level kids will write in one of our new sight words "have."  And my students who need a challenge will phonetically spell the vocabulary words related to Hanukkah on each page.  Something for everyone, all in the same book.  If you'd like to purchase the Hanukkah emergent reader, click the picture above.

For all 4 holiday emergent readers (bundled together for a 2 dollar savings), click the picture below!
Happy (almost) December!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...